AKC CGC (Canine Good Citizen)
Test 1: Accepting a friendly stranger
Test 2: Sitting politely for petting
Test 3: Appearance and grooming
Test 4: Out for a walk (walking on a loose lead)
Test 5: Walking through a crowd
Test 6: Sit and down on command and Staying in place
Test 7: Coming when called
Test 8: Reaction to another dog
Test 9: Reaction to distraction
Test 10: Supervised separation
AKC CGCA (Canine Good Citizen Advanced)
1. Dog stands, sits or lies down and waits under control while the owner:2. Walks on a loose leash in a natural situation (not in a ring)–does not pull.
3. Walks on loose leash through a crowd
4. Dog walks past distraction dogs present; does not pull.
5. Sit–stay in small group (3 other people with dogs).
6. Dog allows person who is carrying something (backpack, computer bag, etc.) to approach and pet it.
7. "Leave it." Dog walks by food and follows owner instructions, "Leave it."
8. Down or sit stay–distance (owner's choice).
9. Recall with distractions present (coming when called). Handler goes out 20–ft. (off center) and calls dog.
10. Dog will sit or stand stay (owner's choice) while owner enters/exits a doorway or narrow passageway. Owner calls dog through door when ready.